Making six figures as an online content creator or influencer is a dream for many people. It can seem like a myth, though, and it’s easy to get discouraged when you look at the numbers. But if you’re willing to put in the work, there are plenty of ways to make $100K+ as an influencer and online entrepreneur.
How big is the six figure creator salary?
You can make six figures as an influencer, and it’s not that hard to do. As you may have heard, there are many ways to monetize your content online–and if you’re smart about it, you can earn a very comfortable living as an influencer.
In this section of the guide we’ll be talking about how much money creators in different niches make on average each year (i.e., their salary). We’ll also talk about where those incomes come from (i.e., how much they make off of ads vs sponsorships vs other income sources).
The six figure creator salary is a myth, right?
The six figure creator salary is a myth, right? Well, not exactly. It’s true that only a select few are able to earn this much money as an influencer–but it’s also true that you can make six figures by leveraging social media and creating great content with your own earned income.
The best way to do this is by relying on affiliate links in your blog posts or videos; this means that whenever someone clicks on one of these links and makes a purchase through it, you get paid (usually commission).
But I’m not a YouTuber or influencer. Can I still make six figures as an online content creator?
You don’t have to be a YouTuber or influencer to make six figures as an online content creator. But you do need to know the right ways of doing it.
To make six figures as an online content creator, you just need to follow these three steps:
- Start creating your own products and services that people want and need in your industry (like courses, books, etc.)
- Become known for providing valuable information about those things on social media platforms like Facebook groups or LinkedIn groups where other professionals are looking for answers themselves (don’t spam them with sales pitches)
- Use those relationships from step 2 when they come back asking questions about what products/services would work best for them
How can I leverage social media and create great content to make six figures?
In order to leverage social media and create great content, you need to know what your audience wants. It’s important that you don’t just promote your content but also engage with them.
- Create great content that people want to share. The more shares you have, the better it is for SEO as well as for brand recognition by search engines like Google or Bing (who will rank you higher than others).
- Use social media for engagement, not promotion: Build relationships with other influencers in the industry who have similar interests and passions as yours so that when they share something from one another’s blogs/websites/social media accounts with their followers–you’ll both benefit from increased exposure!
Should I do this full-time or part-time? What would be the most effective way to make six figures as an online content creator?
If you want to make six figures as an online content creator, full-time is the only way to go. You need to be able to create consistently and build an audience. You also need to monetize your content in some way. If this sounds like a lot of work, it is! But if you’re willing and able then it’s definitely possible–and worth it!
Ways to monetize your account
A six figure career can be done by leveraging social media and creating great content. Social media is the best way to leverage your influence. You are in a unique position to reach millions of people who are interested in what you have to say, so make sure that they know how valuable their time is, and why they should spend it with you.
- Define your niche and create a product based on your audiences wants/needs. A great example is Gabrielle Meloff – she created a niche audience in bridal. As a recent bride herself, she shares her fashion, planning and beauty tips leading up to the big day. She created her own digital product which she sells to her audience that are looking for tips on all things bridal related!
- Affiliate programs are a great way to earn extra money, especially if you’re a fashion creator. Affiliate programs let you promote products and brands that you love and get paid when your audience buys them. If someone asks you about a specific item, style your favorite version of it and share it with your audience. You’ll earn a commission on any items purchased through your unique link or code!
- UGC, or User-Generate-Content, is a term that refers to content that has been created by users, not brands. Brands will often leverage your likeness by purchasing the rights to your content to repost organically or run ads. You can create branded content without ever posting it on your feed and over saturating the content you are currently creating!
- Subscription-based content is a great way to monetize your audience’s desire to see more of the content you create. If you’re providing master classes, for example, it would be a good idea to monetize that content by creating a subscription your audience will pay for.No, this doesn’t necessarily need to always be x-rated content if you don’t want it to be!
- Brand collaborations, once you have created an engaged audience brands will be willing to work with you if it aligns with their marketing goals. You can charge brands to create and post content that is shared with your followers. Brand collaborations are the most inconsistent form of making money as an influencer, so you want to make sure that you’re leveraging your other income streams. We recommend that you don’t over-saturate your content with brand collaborations – you’ll risk losing the interest of your followers quickly if you do.
For those who want to make six figures, the best route is to rely on your own earned income, since branded campaigns can be inconsistent.
You should also make sure that you aren’t just making money, but also building your brand. You can do this by being consistent, creating a niche for yourself and marketing your content effectively. Once you’ve done all this, it’s time for the most important part: creating great content that engages with your followers and drives them back to where they can buy from you!
There are a lot of ways to leverage your influence and make upwards of six figures as an influencer
There are a lot of ways to leverage your influence and make upwards of six figures as an influencer. The first thing to know is that you can do this full time or part time. There are pros and cons to both, but it all depends on how much money you want to make in a year.
The next step is figuring out how much money you want to make per month, then multiplying that by 12 months so that you have an annual salary number in mind. Once this is done, look at what kind of platforms would be best for promoting yourself as well as the type of content that resonates with your audience (videos vs photos vs written content).
Making six figures as an online content creator isn’t just for YouTubers and influencers. Anyone can do it with the right strategy. If you want to make six figures, then you need to create great content and leverage social media.